Enable your sales team to succeed
Many organisations invest in sales training for their teams. This is often focused around sales skills, which can be an effective way to gain a short-term spike in performance as salespeople implement some of these news skills into their roles. Unfortunately, for much sales training, the long-term gain just isn't there. There's an interesting document by Hubspot which explores this area in detail.
Implementing a methodology to truly change behaviours
Some of the world's most respected selling organisations take sales training a large step further, by implementing a methodology. This means that they don't just teach new skills to their sellers, but they position those skills within a repeatable framework which enables:
- sellers to be able to measure their progress towards a deal, and always know what their next step should be to progress the sale
- leaders to more accurately forecast future revenue and provide targeted coaching interventions to support their sellers to win business.
- MEDDIC and its derivatives such as MEDDICC and MEDDPICC
- SPIN™ selling
The challenges of implementing a methodology
This approach tends to be used more by larger organisations due to the expertise and resources required to successfully implement a methodology. But in fact, implementing a sales methodology can be beneficial to many organisations. There are two main challenges to any organisation wanting to take a more strategic approach to winning new business:
- Choosing the right methodology for the situation
- Implementing that methodology successfully in the organisation
So if you'd like to investigate whether implementing a sales methodology is the right next step for your business, get in touch for a no-obligation conversation.